Rugged, Industrial-Strength 4-Port Isolated USB Hub Features 4kV Isolation and Extended Temperature Operation
- Rugged, industrialized, four-port USB hub
- Tru-Iso™ signal isolation up to 4kV meets EN60601 standards
- Advanced EFT, Lightning, and ESD protection at ±20kV on all signal pins (air and contact)
- Full-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.1 and 1.1 compatible
- Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Two power input connectors (power jack or optional screw terminals)
- Downstream ports capable of low-speed (1.5 Mbps) and full-speed (12 Mbps) transfers aggregate
- LED indicators for power and fault conditions for each downstream port
- Upstream and downstream short-circuit protection
- OEM version (board only) features PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Industrial grade USB connectors feature high-retention design
- Includes micro-fit embedded USB header connectors in parallel with all standard USB connectors
- Small (4" x 4" x 1"), low profile, steel enclosure
- OEM (board only) version with PC/104 mounting holes and footprint for flexibility in embedded applications
- Header connectors with jumper posts for panel mounted user status LED connection
- Wide Input power from 7VDC to 35VDC at the DC power jack or screw terminals
- External power connection via screw terminals (high retention)
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The USB-104-IHUB is a small medical/industrial/military grade hub that features Tru-Iso™ signal isolation up to 4kV, extended temperature operation (-40°C to 85°C), high retention USB connectors, and an industrial steel enclosure for shock and vibration mitigation.
The USB-104-IHUB now makes it easy to expand the number of USB ports and provide up to 4kV isolation between the host computer and connected USB peripherals. Applications include factory automation, hospital and medical, energy management, military/mission-critical, transportation, security systems, and process monitoring.
Designed to integrate well in any application, the unit is available in a rugged steel enclosure or OEM as a "board-only" device. Users may choose from two power input connectors: a DC power input jack or screw terminals to provide a full 500mA source at 5V on each of the downstream ports. Additionally, a wide input power option exists to accept from 7VDC to 35VDC. Mounting provisions include DIN rail and various panel mounting plates. Available accessories include an isolated medical-grade power supply and a wide variety of standard USB cables for quick and easy-to-use, out of the box, connectivity. To make use of the miniature embedded USB header connectors, ACCES offers an assortment of embedded micro-fit USB header cables.
The USB-104-IHUB is especially useful in applications where high common-mode external voltages are present. Isolation is required to guard electronics from transient voltage spikes and offers greater common-mode noise rejection in electrically noisy surroundings containing industrial machinery and inductive loads. In addition to protecting applications from the influence of high external voltages, isolation eliminates troublesome ground loops.
This product utilizes a high-performance, low-power USB 2.0 hub controller. It is USB-IF certified, Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) compliant, and its operating temperature is rated for industrial grade environments. Being able to operate at industrial grade temperatures, the USB-104-IHUB offers its functionality to a wider range of user applications that many competitors' USB hubs can't provide.
Careful attention has been paid to isolation design, including extensive keep-out zones and hand-routed circuit paths, as well as component and material selection. Robust EFT, Lightning, and ESD protection at ±20kV on all signal pins (air and contact). See the Isolation specification in user manual for full details.
The card has LEDs that indicate its status. A green LED near the upstream portís high-retention type B connector (visible through a cutout in the enclosure) indicates power to the upstream side. Each downstream port has two respective LEDs that provide status. A green LED near the downstream port's high-retention Type A receptacle (visible through a cutout in the enclosure) indicates that the port is enabled whereas the red LED indicates an overcurrent fault condition. The customer also has the option to specify jumper posts or a header connector to connect their own LEDs for panel mounting instead of the on-board LEDs if desired.
The USB-104-IHUB is fully protected from faulty peripherals connected to its downstream ports. Each port utilizes its own power distribution switch that provides overcurrent and short-circuit protection. If a fault occurs, the power distribution switch will disengage the respective port and enable its fault LED as a latched visual indicator to the user. A fault occurring on one downstream port will not affect other devices attached to the USB-104-IHUB other downstream ports. Any detected fault that occurs will result in a Windows message popping up on the monitor notifying the operator. To re-enable a faulted port, the user must clear the fault then cycle power to the hub.
The USB-104-IHUB needs bus power (from the USB upstream host port) and a medical grade external supply for isolated power.
The board is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. The board itself is PC/104 sized (3.550" x 3.775", 90mm x 96mm) and ships inside a steel powder-coated enclosure with an anti-skid bottom. The enclosure is approximately 4" x 4" x 1".
OEM USB/104 FORM FACTOR
The OEM (board only) version is perfect for a variety of embedded applications. What makes the OEM option unique is that the PCB size and pre-drilled mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). This ensures easy installation using standard standoffs inside most enclosures or systems. The board can be added to any PC/104-based stack by connecting it to a USB port usually included on-board with embedded CPU form factors. The USB-104-IHUB OEM board can also be installed using standoffs inside other enclosures or systems. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional micro-fit USB input header is provided in parallel with the type B connector.
High Retention USB Connectors
The ever-growing presence of USB in the industrial/military marketplace has driven the need for USB connections to be reliable, dependable, and unfailing. Gone are the days of loose USB connections. All type A and type B USB connectors used on all ACCES USB/104 products feature a high retention design that complies with the class 1, Div II minimum withdrawal requirement of over 3 pounds of force (15 Newtons). These connectors have an orange color-coded insulator to quickly differentiate it from standard USB connectors. Using these USB connectors increases reliability in your system and ensures a tight connection. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional miniature USB input header is provided in parallel with the type A and B connectors. This method facilitates the smallest possible footprint to be occupied by the hub and associated cables.
- Industrial Automation
- Embedded OEM
- Health and Medical Systems
- Factory Automation
- Process Control
ACCES Tru-Iso™ products are designed under IPC-2221B Generic Standard on Printed Board Design. The circuit is isolated with a ≥ 300mil gap between all signal and plane layers between the upstream port and the downstream ports. This gap is rated under IPC-2221B at a peak working voltage of 1500V (Upstream to Downstream). Our circuit uses a chip-level high-frequency DC-DC isolator which is rated at 5000VRMS for 1 minute under UL 1577 optical isolators standard. This isolation component has an over 50-year isolation lifespan even if the isolation voltage potential is in excess of 846 volts AC. Tru-Iso™ products are also designed to meet the EN60601 medical electrical equipment standard. Tru-Iso™ by ACCES I/O Products, Inc., for true signal isolation.
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Available accessories include an isolated medical-grade power supply and a wide variety of standard USB cables for quick and easy-to-use, out of the box, connectivity. To make use of the miniature embedded USB header connectors, ACCES offers an assortment of embedded micro-fit USB header cables. Mounting provisions include DIN rail and various panel mounting plates.
No driver installation is required for the USB-104-IHUB. Any USB compliant operating system will automatically install it. It will enumerate as a Generic Hub which uses the USB Hub Class Driver that is built into USB compliant operating systems such as Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- USB 2.0 Full-speed
- USB 3.1 Compatible
- USB 1.1 Compatible
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 5% - 95%, non-condensing
- Board Dimension: 3.550 x 3.775 inches
- Box Dimension: 3.985 x 3.990 x 1.045 inches
- Weight: 284.2 grams (in enclosure), 56.2 grams (-OEM version)
- External Power Supply: 0°C to 40°C (4kV isolation)
- -WI option: Wide Input power from 7VDC to 35VDC at the DC power jack or screw terminals
- External Power: approximately 500 mA available for each downstream port with our medical grade isolated power supply
- Current-limiting: 0.85A typical per downstream port
- ESD Protection: ±20kV on all signal pins (IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4)
- Tru-Iso™: IPC-2221B, UL60590-1, UL1577 (4000V isolation meets EN60601)
- Up- to Downstream: 1500V peak (AC or DC)
- Max Transient Isolation: 4000V rms
- Max Work Isolation: 863V peak
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|USB-104-IHUB||Rugged, industrial 4-Port isolated USB Hub with 4kV isolation and industrial operating temperature (power supply not included)|
|USB-104-IHUB-OEM||As above, board only model, no enclosure|
|PWR-ISO-5V||Isolated medical grade external power adapter 5VDC @ 2.5A $45|
|MP104-DIN||DIN-rail mounting provision $19|
|CUSB-EMB-HDR||30″ USB 1x5 standard header to micro-fit OEM cable $19|
|CUSB-EMB-HDRM||30″ USB 1x5 metric header to micro-fit OEM cable $19|
|CUSB-EMB||6″ micro-fit to micro-fit embedded OEM cable $19|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-WI||Wide Input power from 7V to 35VDC|
|-HDR||Jumper header posts for panel mounted user status LED connection|
|-ST||External power connection via screw terminals (high retention)|
|-RoHS||RoHS compliant version|
If you don't see what you need, ask us and we will make it for you.