Redistributing Windows Drivers
ACCES takes great pride in our lightweight software installation. Unlike many of our competitors you won’t find multi-gigabyte software packages, nor do our drivers install services or background tasks that can consume vital system resources even while unused.
While most customers will be thrilled with a full software install that only consumes around 20 megabytes on disk (and zero in memory!) (and zero CPU cycles!) the most stringent application resource limits can be met using the following information to install only the strictly necessary set of drivers and API libraries.
THE FOLLOWING FILES (BY PRODUCT TYPE) MAKE UP THE PRODUCT’S DRIVERS IN WINDOWS:
Most PCI, PCI Express, PC/104, ISA, and other “edge connector bus” Non-Serial Cards
- It is possible to operate our non-serial PCI and PCI Express product lines (including M.2 and mPCIe, as well as ISA and PC/104 cards) using only AIOWDMFind.exe, AIOWDM.dll, AIOWDM.sys, and ACCES.inf.
PCIe Serial Cards
Our PCI Express Serial product lines (including M.2 and mPCIe) require the following files:
- PTLSer64.sys (64-bit OS only) or PTLSer.sys (32-bit OS only)
- PTLPort64.dll (64-bit OS only)
- PTLPort.dll (both 32- and 64-bit (for SysWOW64 support) OSes)
PCI Serial Cards
- All PCI Serial cards require ACCES.inf
PCI Serial Communication (COM) cards require Ports.inf.
Eight (8) channel PCI (COM) cards also require PCI8S.sys.
USB and USB-OEM Boards (Other than Serial Communication Products)
Our USB non-serial boards, including USBP, PICO (and other related busses) require only the following files:
USB Serial Boards
- ACCES is proud to use the industry-leading FTDI USB serial UARTs. You can always download the very latest drivers direct from FTDI
- The following files are contained in the FTDI driver package: FTSerUI.dll, FTSerUI2.dll, FTDIUnin.exe, FTDIBus.inf, FTDIPort.inf, FTDIBus.cat, FTDIPort.cat, FTSerMou.inf, FTDIUn2K.ini, FTDIUnin.ini, FTDIBus.sys, FTSEnum.sys, FTSer2K.sys, FTSerial.sys, and ftserco.dll
For other products and/or operating systems, contact us, today!
Contact Us About Your Next Custom Software Project
CALL OR EMAIL US YOUR REQUESTS TO BEGIN THE PROCESS
More Software Information
DRIVERS, DOWNLOADS, AND SOFTWARE
Drivers And Operating Systems
The drivers and other support we provide for various operating systems. Looking to download drivers? Click here!
Learn More >
Setup Programs, Samples, And Utility Software
A description of the software package that comes with each ACCES card.
Learn More >
Custom Software Services
A description of some of our custom software offerings. Did you know we offer free programming services to qualifying customers?
Learn More >
Looking to download drivers? Click here!
Click here for custom hardware design!