Isolated Digital Input &Solid-State (FET) Output Ethernet Module
- Ethernet 10/100 RJ45 connector for interfacing to CPU or network
- 16 optically isolated inputs (3V to 31V)
- 16 fully protected and isolated High-Side FET 2A outputs
- DHCP or static IP assignment
- Internal, removable terminal board for easy wiring
- PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Small (4" x 4" x 1.7") rugged industrial enclosure
- DC Jack and screw terminals for external power
- Designed, made, supported, and manufactured in the USA
- Eight- and four- input/output versions
- Input-only and solid-state output-only versions
- Economy “E” version without the screw terminal board
- OEM (board only) version with PC/104 mounting holes and PCB footprint
- Extended operating temperature (-40°C to +80°C)
- Wide input (7VDC to 30VDC) external power
- RoHS available
- DIN Rail mounting provision
The ETH-IDIO-16 Series (4, 8 and 16 channels) is an ideal solution for adding portable, easy-to-install, isolated input and solid state output digital I/O capabilities to any Ethernet network. It is excellent for controlling external relays, driving indicator lights, fuel pumps, high voltage control and more. Typical industries are Automotive, Industrial, and Factory and Home automation.
This unit features 16 high-side MOSFET switch outputs and 16 optically isolated digital inputs. The isolated, non-polarized inputs may be driven by either DC sources of 3-31 V (or higher by special order) or AC sources at frequencies of 40 Hz to 10KHZ. Optically isolating the digital inputs from each other, and from the computer and network, assures smooth, error-free data transmission in noisy, real-world environments.
The input channels are accessed via a 34-pin IDC type vertical header. The fully protected isolated outputs are de-energized at power-up to prevent an unintended control output signal. Data to the solid state outputs are latched and are available via a 50-pin IDC type vertical header. To simplify field wiring connections, the ETH-IDIO-16 family includes an internal, removable termination board (ETH-STB-84), that mounts directly to the headers.
The ETH-IDIO-16 is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. Its board is PC/104 sized (3.550 by 3.775 inches) and ships inside a steel powder-coated enclosure with an anti-skid bottom.
The ETH-IDIO-16 has a DC Jack and screw terminals to connect the required external power. This power can be provided by our PWR-ACDC-5V, your +5Vdc regulated power supply, or by ordering the –WI option where you provide 7 VDC - 30 VDC.
OEM ETH/104 FORM FACTOR
The OEM (board only) version is perfect for a variety of embedded applications. What makes the OEM option unique is that its PCB size and mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). The board can be added to any PC/104 type stack by connecting it to an available 10/100 Base-T port typically available on embedded CPU form factors such as EPIC, and PC/104. It can also be installed using standoffs inside other enclosures or systems.
- Industrial Automation
- Embedded OEM
- Portable DAQ
- Home Automation
Because of Ethernet’s ubiquitous nature these boards are supported for use in all operating systems -- including Windows, Linux, Unix, iOS, Android, -- even Raspberry PI, etc. The software package includes free Linux and Windows software with sample programs and source code in C# and Delphi for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows and extensive Ethernet-packet level API documentation. Third party application support includes a Windows standard DLL API usable from most popular application programs. Embedded OS support includes Windows Embedded Standard, and all applications, operating systems, and PLCs and all other devices capable of TCP/IP communication.
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders are conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
The ETH-IDIO-16 is available with optional cable assemblies, screw terminal boards, and a DIN rail mounting provision.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Channels: 4, 8, or 16
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS-compatible)
- Voltage: 3 to 31VDC or AC RMS (40 to 1000Hz)
- Isolation: 500V channel-to-ground and channel-to-channel (see manual)
- Response Times:
- Filtered: 4.7ms rise and fall
- Non-Filtered: 10µs rise; 30µs fall
Solid State Relay (FET) Outputs
- Channels: 4, 8, or 16
- Type: High-Side Power MOSFET Switch. Protected against short-circuit, over-temperature, ESD, and can drive inductive loads.
- Voltage Range: 5-34VDC recommended for continuous use. 40VDC absolute max. (customer supplied)
- Current Rating: 2A max
- Turn-on time: 90µS typical
- Turn-off time: 110µS typical
- Ethernet 10/100 Base T, Auto-detecting, 1.5kV Isolation
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 70°C (Optional -40°C to +80°C "-T option")
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 5%-95% RH, non-condensing
- Board Dimension: 3.550 x 3.775 inches
- Box Dimension: 4.00 x 4.00 x 1.7 inches
- Isolated Inputs: Dual row 0.1” 34-pin
- FET Outputs: Dual row 0.1" 50-pin
- DC power jack: 2.0mm + center post
- Screw terminals: Available via enclosure cutout
- External AC/DC 5V regulated adaptor is included
- 5V @ 35mA plus 5mA per energized FET; 5V @ 115mA with all FETs on, typical
|Model||Isolated Inputs||Solid-State (FET) Outputs|
|MP104-DIN||DIN-rail mounting provision $19|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-OEM||Board only version, (no enclosure or terminal board)|
|-T||Extended operating temperature (-40°C to +80°C)|
|-WI||Wide Input External Power (7 to 30 VDC)|
|-RoHS||RoHS compliant version|