ISA Bus Change-Of-State Detecting Digital I/O Card
- 48 parallel digital I/O lines
- Can generate interrupts when inputs change
- All 48 I/O lines buffered by transceivers on the card
- Pull-up resistors for CMOS and contact closure inputs
- Four- and eight-bit ports independently selectable for I/O
- Crosstalk suppression by grounds on all even-numbered cable conductors
- 50-pin connector for compatibility with industry standard I/O mounting racks
- Automatic Test Systems
- Laboratory Automation
- Machine Control
- Security Systems, Energy Management
- Relay Monitoring and Control
- Parallel Data Transfer to PC
- Sensing Switch Closures or TTL, DTL, CMOS Logic
- Driving Indicator Lights or Recorders
This card fully implements Mode 0 of the PPI. The card cannot be used in Mode 1 or Mode 2. A major feature of this card is that the state of all inputs can be monitored and, if any one or more bits change, a latched interrupt request can be generated. Thus, you can detect input state changes without need for software to continuously poll the inputs. After the interrupt has been serviced, the interrupt latch can be cleared by a software write. This change-of-state detection is particularly useful in robotics applications.
Interrupts are OR'ed together and may be directed to any "AT" interrupt level by jumper selection. IOD-48S occupies 16 bytes of I/O address space. The base address is set by DIP switch on the card and is selectable anywhere in the range of 000 to 3FF hex.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- 48 buffered digital I/O lines
- Latched change-of-state interrupt on up to 48 I/O lines
- Hysteresis on input lines improves noise margin
- Pull-ups on I/O lines for CMOS and contact-closure compatibility
- Tri-state transceiver buffers prevent erroneous outputs at power-up
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 V DC.
- Logic Low: -0.5 to +0.8 V DC.
- Input Load (Hi): 20 uA.
- Input Load (Lo): -200 uA.
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min., source 15 mA.
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 24 mA. (64 mA optional)
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +60 degree C.
- Storage Temperature: -50 to +120 degree C.
- Humidity: 0% to 90% non condensing.
- Size: 7.15 inches. Install in a half-length slot.
- Input: +5 VDC at 300 mA typical
- Output: +5 VDC from computer bus (ext. 1A fast-blow fuse recommended).
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.