High-Speed, Universal PCI, 16-bit Multifunction Analog I/O Board
- This product has been discontinued.
- Great News! ACCES has designed the replacement for this discontinued product. Just a click away to the LPCI-AIO16A!
- 500kHz sampling rate
- 16 single-ended or 8 differential inputs, unipolar or bipolar
- Auto calibration and oversampling for accurate data
- Unique channel-by-channel programmable gain feature
- 1024 sample data FIFO for A/D (optional up to 64k samples)
- Two 12-bit D/A outputs and 16 digital I/O lines
- Software selectable synchronous, asynchronous and timed trigger modes
- 11 software/hardware selectable ranges of: 0-1V, 0-2V, 0-4V, 0-5V, 0-10V, ±0.5V, ±1V, ±2V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- Meets Universal PCI and MD2 Low Profile PCI Bus Specification (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- FIFO up to 64k samples
- Factory input range / gain of 1-100
The LPCI-A16-16A features 11 standard analog input ranges and an extremely quiet front end. A unique channel-by-channel programmable gain feature enables measurement of an assortment of large and small signals in one scan all under hardware control at over 400k samples/second. The board’s data FIFO and ability to trigger the A/D in real time assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations—an essential requirement for signal, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short periods of time. Connections are made to the board via a 50 pin SCSI connector. A shielded round wire cable and screw terminal board are optionally available as accessories for bench testing or as part of an overall OEM solution.
SOFTWAREThe LPCI-A16-16A is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a DOS, Linux, and Windows 95/98/Me/NT/ 2000/2003/XP compatible software package. This contains sample programs and source code in "C" and Pascal for DOS, and Visual Basic, Delphi, C++ Builder, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also incorporated is a graphical setup program in Windows. Third party support includes a Windows standard dll interface usable from the most popular application programs, along with LabView .VI samples. Linux support consists of installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Microsoft Visual C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C/C++, with many devices including samples in Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and many demonstration VIs for our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the 3.x and 2.6 Linux kernels and recent OSX versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information..
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Inputs: 16 single-ended or 8 differential
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Bipolar ranges: ±0.5V, ±1V, ±2V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- Unipolar ranges: 0-1V, 0-2V, 0-4V, 0-5V, 0-10V
- Sampling rate: 500KHz
- Type: Successive approximation
- Overvoltage protection: 33V
- Nonlinearity: ±1 LSB max, monotonic
- A/D FIFO: 1024 16-bit wide samples
- Calibration: Automatic with values stored in EEPROM
- Trigger Source: Software selectable: external trigger, programmable timer, program command
- Outputs: 2
- Resolution: 12-bit
- Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V
- Relative accuracy: ±2 LSB
- Nonlinearity: ±0.2 LSB
- Settling time: 8µs
- Output current: 5mA
- Calibration: Automatic with values stored in EEPROM
- Number of I/O: 16 (programmable in groups of eight)
- Input voltage
- Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.8V max
- Logic high: 2.0V min, 5.0V max
- Input current: ±1µA max
- Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.55V max
- Logic high: 2.4V min, 5.0V max
- Output current
- Logic low: 64mA max sink
- Logic high: 32mA max source
- Type: 82C54
- A/D Pacer clock: 16 or 32-bit
- Clock Frequency: 10MHz
- Power required: +12VDC - 25mA typical, -12VDC - 25mA typical, +5VDC - 65mA typical
- Operating Temperature: 0° to +70°C
- Storage Temperature: -50° to +120°C
- Humidity: 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.