Un-Buffered IOD-24E, IOD-96E, and IOD-96M
ISA Bus Digital Input/Output Cards
- This product has been discontinued. Please contact us for help in finding a suitable replacement.
- 24 or 96 channels of un-buffered digital I/O
- Four- and eight-bit groups independently programmable
- Cable crosstalk suppression by grounds on all even-numbered connector pins
- 50-pin connector for compatibility with Western Reserve Controls, Opto-22, Gordos, Potter 7, Brumfield, etc.
- External interrupts
Model IOD-96M is electrically and software interchangeable with the Keithley Metrabyte model PIO-96 and the Computer Boards Inc Model CIO-PIO96. IOD-96E and IOD-96M have added capability compared to the two competitor units in that external interrupts can be supported under program control. Two lines on Port C can be used for this purpose. Bit C7 can accept inputs to enable/disable this interrupt capability and Bit C3 can accept the external interrupts. If the cards are to be operated in this mode, jumper placement on the card permits selection any one of levels #2 through #7. Interrupts from all four ports (one per port) are OR'ed together.
Card I/O bus address selection is by DIP switches on the cards. The 96-bit cards use 16 address locations on the computer I/O bus. Input/Output connections to IOD-24E are via a 50-pin connector. I/O connections to the 96-bit cards are via four 50-wire ribbon interface cables that extend through rectangular cut- outs in the mounting bracket and plug into headers on the card. IOD-96E and IOD-96M units required to meet EU "CE" requirements are supplied with blank mounting brackets. That permits you to use cabling methods that best fit your application. Strain relief is provided for these cables. Ready-made displacement type ribbon cables are available from ACCES as p/n CAB50F-xx. Alternate wires are connected to ground to provide shielding and minimize crosstalk.
On power-up or reset, all ports are automatically configured as inputs. This prevents spurious outputs. Before use, of course, each PPI should be software configured by writing to it's control register.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC
- Logic Low: -0.5 to 0.8 VDC
- Input Load (Hi): +10 micro amperes
- Input Load (Lo): -10 micro amperes
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min.,source 200 micro amperes
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 1.7 milliamperes
li>+5 VDC from computer bus. External fast-blow fuse recommended.
- Power Required: IOD-24E: +5 VDC at 100 mA typical; IOD-96E and IOD-96M: +5VDC at 400 mA typical
- Size: IOD-24E: 5.0 in. long (12.7 cm); IOD-96E and IOD-96M: 7 in. long (17.8 cm)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0o to 60 oC
- Storage Temperature Range: -50o to 120 oC
- Humidity: 0 to 90% RH, non-condensing
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.