High-Speed Multifunction Analog I/O Board
- This product has been discontinued. Please contact us for help in finding a suitable replacement.
- Great News! ACCES has designed the replacement for this discontinued product. Just a click away to the 104-AIO16E!
- 250kHz sampling rate
- 16 single-ended or 8 differential inputs
- 11 software/hardware selectable ranges
- Unique channel-by-channel programmable gain of 1, 2, 5 and 10
- 2K sample data FIFO for A/D
- Auto calibration
- Two 12-bit D/A outputs and 16 digital I/O
Factory Options: (call for pricing and availability)
- FIFO up to 32K sample
- Programmable amplifier with gains of 1, 10, 100 and 1000
- +5VDC only operation
- 0 to 70°C and -40 to +85°C versions available
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The 104-AIO16-16E features 11 standard analog input ranges and a filtered, extremely quiet front end. The module also offers on-board hardware oversampling for additional noise reduction. In addition to direct data transfers, the board’s ability to trigger the A/D in real time assures synchronized sampling that is unaffected by other computer operations — an essential requirement for signal, vibration and transient analysis where high data rates must be sustained for short periods of time. The 250kHz sampling rate is supported by a 2K-sample data FIFO (optional, up to 32K samples) for reducing processor overhead. Sixteen parallel bits of digital I/O and two 12-bit D/A outputs allow for a complete, high-performance data acquisition solution.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Visual C# and Delphi with many devices including samples in Visual Basic and Visual C/C++, as well as Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and demonstration VIs for many of our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the Linux kernels 2.6 and newer and recent macOS versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information.
non-plug-and-play driver install guide for Windows
Please refer to the Non-PnP Install Guide for instructions to get your PC/104 and ISA bus devices installed in modern Windows.
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Inputs: 16 single ended or 8 differential
- Resolution: 16 Bit
- Biploar Ranges: ±0.5V, ±1V, ±2.0V, ±2.5V, ±5V, ±10V
- Unipolar Ranges: 0-1V, 0-2V, 0-4V, 0-5V, 0-10V
- Sampling Rate: 250kHz
- Type: Successive approximation
- Over Voltage Protection: -37 to +52V
- Nonlinearity: ±4 LSB, monotonic
- A/D FIFO: 2K samples, optional 4 and 32K
- Calibration: Offset and gain values stored in EEPROM
- Trigger Source: Software selectable - external trigger, programmable timer, program command, A/D start, Single Scan Start
- Outputs: 2
- Resolution: 12 bit
- Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V
- Relative Accuracy: ±0.5 LSB
- Differential Nonlinearity: ±0.5 LSB
- Settling Time: 16µs/10kHz
- Output current: 5mA
- Calibration: Gain values stored in EEPROM
- Number of I/O: 16, programmable as inputs or outputs in groups of 8
- Input Voltage:
- Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.8V max
- Logic High: 2.0V min, 5.0V max
- Input Current: ±1uA Max
- Output Voltage:
- Logic low: 0.0V min, 0.55V max
- Logic High: 2.4V min, 5.0V max
- Output Current:
- Logic low: 24mA Sink
- Logic High: 24mA Source
- Type: 82C54
- A/D Pacer clock: 16 or 32-bit
- Clock Frequency: 10MHz
- Power Required
- Using optional DC/DC Converter: +5VDC at 190 mA typ
- Using ±12V and +5V: +12VDC - 25mA typical, -12VDC - 25mA typical, +5VDC - 65mA typical
- Operating Temp: 0 to 70°C, Optional -40 to 85°C
- Storage Temp: -50 to +120°C.
- Humidity: 5% to 90% RH, non-condensing.
CE testing & approval must be done at the system level, in the designed enclosure, and is not done on individual boards.