PCI Bus Digital Input/Output Cards
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (PCI-Express available)
- 24 bits of digital I/O
- Four and eight bit ports independently selectable for I/O
- All 24 I/O lines buffered by transceivers on the card
- I/O buffers can be enabled/disabled under program control
- Pull-ups on I/O lines
- Resettable fused +5 VDC output available
- 'H'version compatible with industry standard I/O racks like Grayhill, Opto 22, Western Reserve Controls, Potter and Brumfield, etc.
- Optional 10 MHz counters
- Automatically detected under Windows
- No base address or IRQ switches to set
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
- Support for Wind River VxWorks (call for ordering information)
These cards contain a type 8255-5 Programmable Peripheral Interface (PPI) chip. They can be programmed to accept inputs or to provide outputs on three 8-bit ports: designated Ports A, B, and C. Port C can be further divided into two 4-bit nibbles.
Each I/O line is buffered by a type 74ABT245B tristate buffer transceiver capable of sourcing 32 mA or sinking 64mA. The buffers are configured under program control for input or output use according to direction control signals from the control register inside the PPI. Pull-ups (to +5 VDC) on the card assure that there are no erroneous outputs at power-up until the card is initialized by system software. Further, jumpers on the card provide a choice to either permanently enable the buffers or to tri-state them under program control.
Input/Output wiring connections for the PCI-DIO24D are via a 37-pin D-sub connector on the card mounting bracket. Either a 37-pin D-sub solder cup mating connector or an insulation-displacement ribbon cable can be used for I/O connections. Fused +5 VDC power is available at the I/O connector. A resettable on-board fuse is rated at 0.5A and can be reset by cycling computer power.
Input/Output wiring connections for PCI-DIO24H are via a 50-pin connector on the card mounting bracket. Insulation displacement ribbon cables can be used for I/O connections to termination panels such as ACCES' model STA-50 Screw Terminal card. The pin connections are also compatible with ACCES A24A , Grayhill, OPTO22, Western Reserve Controls, Potter& Brumfield, etc opto-isolated module mounting racks. If needed for external circuits, fused +5VDC power is available at the I/O connector. The resettable 0.5A fuse can be reset by cycling computer power.
The fused +5V output is available on all versions of the PCI-DIO-24D and H with the exception of the PCI-DIO-24D-S03. The -S03 on this card does not have +5V on the connector due to the limited number of pins on the DB37.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Visual C# and Delphi with many devices including samples in Visual Basic and Visual C/C++, as well as Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and demonstration VIs for many of our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the Linux kernels 2.6 and newer and recent macOS versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information.
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Digital Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC.
- Logic Low: -0.5 to +0.8 VDC.
- Input Load (Hi): 20 uA.
- Input Load (Lo): -200 uA.
- Logic High: 2.0 VDC min., source 32 mA.
- Logic Low: 0.55 VDC max., sink 64 mA
- Type: 82C54-5 programmable interval counters
- Output Drive: 2.2 mA at 0.45 VDC (5 LSTTL loads
- Input Gate: TTL/CMOS compatible
- Clock: On-board, 1 MHz crystal-controlled clock
- Active Count Edge: Negative Edge
- Minimum Clock Pulse Width: 30 nS high, 50 nS low
- Timer Range: 48 bits
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 50° C.
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to +65.6° C.
- Humidity: Maximum 90% RH, without condensation.
Auxiliary Power Output
- +5 VDC from the computer bus. Resettable fuse at 0.5A.
- Basic Unit: +5 VDC at 170 ma., if no current is drawn from the auxiliary fused +5 VDC output.
- With One Counter: +5 VDC at 190 ma.
- With Two Counters: +5 VDC at 210 ma.
- With Three Counters: +5 VDC at 230 ma.
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.