M2-II-16, M2-II-8, and M2-II-4
16, 8 or 4 Isolated Digital Inputs with Change-of-State (COS) M.2 Card
- M.2 Card with latching I/O connectors
- 16, 8 or 4 optically isolated, non-polarized inputs up to 31VDC/AC
- Change-of-State (COS) detection IRQ generation
- Panel-mountable isolation module with 37-pin male D-Sub connector
- 4 LVTTL I/O lines programmable as inputs or outputs in groups of 2 lines
- 9” cable (228MM), standard, connects isolation module to M2-DIO card
- RoHS standard
- Now with Digital Integration Features!
- Outputs with pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and Quadrature generation, Inputs with digital filtering and flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, IRQ generation and more.
- Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Support for Wind River VxWorks (call for ordering information)
The M2-II-16 consists of an M.2 Card that connects to a Mobile-ITX-sized, DB-37M Isolation Module via an included 9” cable. That module is designed to be easily panel-mounted in any application environment. It uses the high speed PCI Express bus to transfer digital data to and from the card. The digital I/O is compatible with 8255 PPI chips making it easy to program. This allows for simple and trouble-free migration from other ACCES PCI and PCI Express digital I/O cards, but also provides for advanced features enabled by the onboard FPGA logic.
The M2-II family of cards are well suited to complex environments, mitigating otherwise challenging ground-loops, high-common-mode, and transient voltage spikes common in electrically-noisy industrial or factory locations. Individual channel-to-channel isolation allows every channel to be physically and electrically separated from the others. The broad voltage compatibility allows use in a wide range of applications.
The non-polarized inputs support both AC and DC, and configuration jumpers allow 4.7ms input filters to be enabled per-channel, as desired – required for AC use. The Isolated Inputs support voltages from 3 to 31 VDC/VAC RMS [40Hz to 10000Hz], as well as standard 12/24 AC control transformer signals.
Change of State (COS) detection and interrupt capabilities are designed to relieve software from polling routines that can consume valuable processing time. Each port can be programmed for detecting state changes on their lines, in which any changes of the enabled port's bits (low-to-high or high-to-low) will generate an IRQ. An ISR (interrupt service routine) then determines which bit changed state and clears the interrupt.
Rounding out the utility of this solution are the 4 LVTTL general purpose I/O lines, programmable as inputs or outputs in groups of 2 lines. These lines are pulled up to VCCIO via 10k ohm resistors, useful for monitoring dry contacts that don’t need isolation.
Digital∫Features (read as "Digital Integration Features") are a new family of features available for applicable models of ACCES' PCI Express (PCIe) and M.2 Card (mPCIe) Digital I/O product lines.
All the cards share features such as memory mapped registers for low-latency operation. Output channels support pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and quadrature generation. Inputs channels support flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, with optional debouncing, IRQ generation, and more.
The M2-II-16 is excellent for use in a variety of applications where high-voltage protection is required such as:
- Factory Automation
- Industrial ON/OFF control
- Security Systems, Energy Management
- Process Monitoring
- Manufacturing/Production Test
- Machine Control
- Monitoring and Control
- Industrial Automation
- Embedded OEM
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Accessories and Connections
Available accessories include a variety of screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity as well as 2mm and 2.5mm mounting hardware. Alternately, custom hardware cables and/or interfaces can be produced to fit your specific application requirement.
The card is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux , and Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in C#, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs, and includes LabVIEW VIs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe, WES7, WES8, vxWorks, etc. Full register-level documentation of all features ensures easy compatibility in any application environment.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- M.2 Card
- Number: 16, 8 or 4
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS compatible)
- Voltage: 3 to 31 DC or AC RMS (40 to 10000Hz)
- Isolation: 500V channel-to-ground and channel-to-channel
- Resistance: 1.8KΩ in series with opto-coupler
- Filter Response
- Rise-time: 4.7 ms
- Fall-time: 4.7 ms
- Non-Filter Response
- Rise-time: 10 μs
- Fall-time: 30 μs
Digital I/O Lines
- Number: 4
- Digital Inputs (4 or 2 LVTTL)
- Logic High: 2.0V to VCCIO (3.3VDC, 5VDC tolerant)
- Logic Low 0V to 0.8V
- Digital Outputs (4 or 2 LVTTL)
- Logic High: 2.0V (min) 24mA source
- Logic Low: 0.55V (max) 24mA sink
- Operating: 0°C to 70°C (order -T option for industrial temperature -40°C to 85°C)
- Storage: -65°C to 150°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Power required: +3.3VDC @ 360ma (typical)
- mPCIe card characteristics
- Weight: 6.2 grams
- I/O connector
- On-card: Molex 501190-4017 40-pin latching
- Mating: Molex 501189-4010
- Isolation board characteristics
- Weight: 38.2 grams, (+11.2 grams for the 9" cable)
- Size (Mobile-ITX sized)
- Length: (2.952″)
- Width: (1.1.772″)
- I/O connector
- On board: Male, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
- Mating: Female, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|M2-II-16||16 Isolated Digital Inputs and 4 LVTTL I/Os Card|
|M2-II-8||8 Isolated Digital Inputs and 4 LVTTL I/Os Card|
|M2-II-4||4 Isolated Digital Inputs and 4 LVTTL I/Os Card|
|M2-HDW-KIT2||2mm mounting hardware $1|
|M2-HDW-KIT2.5||2.5mm mounting hardware $1|
|ADAP37||Direct connect screw terminal adaptor for use with 37-pin male connector $40|
|STB-37||DIN-rail mountable screw terminal board for 37-pin connector $39|
|STA-37||37-pin screw terminal board $29|
|CAB37-18||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 18" $25|
|CAB37-36||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 36" $29|
|CAB37MF-36||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 36" $29|
|CAB37FM-18||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 18" $29|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-T||Extended temperature operation (-40° to +85°C)|