8 Isolated Digital Inputs, 4 Solid State Relay Outputs, with two 16-Bit Analog Inputs
- Pico-I/O™ USB device featuring SUMIT™ stacking connector
- 8 individually optically isolated digital inputs
- Polarity insensitive AC/DC inputs accept up to 31VDC or AC RMS
- Jumper selectable filtering per input channel for AC or voltage transients
- Four optically isolated fully protected solid state high-side FET outputs
- Outputs capable of switching from 5-34 VDC at up to 3A each
- Two general purpose 16-bit A/D inputs
- Up to 4 I/O expansion boards in SUMIT™ stack
- Custom high-speed function driver
- PICO-I/O™ module size (60mm x 72mm) & mounting capability
- Optional USB Micro B and micro-fit connectors for standard USB connectivity
- 4-20mA range for analog inputs
- Extended temperature
The PICO-II8IDO4A is an ideal OEM USB solution for adding embedded reliable and robust multi-function I/O capabilities to any embedded computer supporting Pico-I/O™ and the SUMIT™ A connector. The Pico-I/O™ board standard (SFF-SIG: www.sff-sig.org) is the latest, smallest, stacking form factor for embedded I/O since the PC/104 standard using half the area of a PC/104 module. Up to four of the PICO-II8IDO4A can be mounted together.
Featuring 4 solid state FET outputs, 8 optically isolated digital inputs and 2 high-resolution analog inputs, the unit is the smallest of its kind for multi-function control and monitoring using USB.
The digital inputs accept AC or DC signals as high as 32 volts and are interfaced via a 26-pin IDC type vertical header. The pinout allows a simple accessory cable to interface to one of the many available external screw terminal boards.
The FET outputs can switch customer supplied voltages from 5 to 34V at UP TO 3A! The outputs are de-energized at power-up to prevent an unintended control output signal. The output connections are available via a 16-pin IDC vertical header type connector.
Two analog inputs are also available on the 26-pin connector for a well-rounded multi-function, multi-purpose super-compact PICO solution. The module draws all required power from the SUMIT™ connector of the SUMIT based embedded computer. The Pico-I/O™ size specification (4320 sq. mm) is exactly half of the PCB area of the popular PC/104 (8640 sq. mm) embedded board standard. The small size and easy connection makes the unit an excellent choice for a variety of embedded applications such as mobile, robotics, kiosks, and embedded medical and machine equipment.
The PICO-II8IDO4A is designed to be used in rugged, industrial, and mobile environments and also has the option to be upgraded to extended temperature (-40 to +85°C) specifications for military and defense applications.
The PICO-II8IDO4A utilizes a high-speed custom function driver optimized for a maximum data throughput that is 50-100 times faster than the USB human interface device (HID) driver used by many competing products. This approach maximizes the full functionality of the hardware along with capitalizing the advantage of high-speed USB 2.0. The PICO-II8IDO4A is supported for use in most USB supported operating systems and includes a free Linux and Windows 98/2000/XP/2003/7 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also incorporated is a graphical setup program in Windows. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs. Embedded OS support includes Windows Xpe.
Available Reference Manuals
- View / Download the Software Reference Manual (.PDF)
- View / Download the PICO-II8IDO4A Data Sheet (.PDF)
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
|PICO-II8IDO4A||8 Isolated Inputs, 4 solid state FET outputs, and 2 analog inputs module|
|PICO-II8IDO4||8 Isolated Inputs and 4 solid state FET outputs|
|-I||4-20mA range for analog inputs|
|Call||USB Micro B and micro-fit connectors for standard USB connectivity|