Digital Input/Output and Counter/Timer Card
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- 96 Lines of Digital Input/Output
- Four and Eight Bit Ports Independently Selectable for Inputs or Outputs
- All 96 I/O Lines Buffered by Transceivers on the Card*
- I/O Buffers can be Enabled/Disabled under Program Control
- Pull-Ups resistors on I/O Lines for Contact Monitoring etc.
- +5 VDC Output with Resettable Fuse Available on each I/O Header
- Four 50 Pin DIO Header Connectors on Board are Compatible with Industry-Standard I/O Racks
- Three Field Configurable 82C54 Counter/Timers on First 50 Pin Header
- Strain Relief for Ribbon Cables Routed through Cutout on Mounting Bracket
This is a 96 line digital input/output card with counter/timer capabilities designed for use in high I/O density application requirements. I/O connections are made via four 50-pin header connectors. The card is 12.25 inches long (312 mm) and may be installed in any full-length 5V PCI-bus (or PCI-X bus) slot in X86 type PCís.
The card contains four type 8255-5 Programmable Peripheral Interface (PPI) chips. They can be programmed to accept inputs or to provide outputs on three 8-bit ports: designated Ports A, B, and C. Port C can be further divided into two 4-bit ports.
Each* I/O line is buffered by a type ABT245 tristate buffer transceiver capable of sourcing 32 mA or sinking 64 mA. The buffers are configured under program control for input or output use according to direction control signals from the control register inside the PPI. 10K Pull-ups (to +5 VDC) on the card assure that there are no erroneous outputs at power-up until the card is initialized by system software.
*For operation in 8255 Mode 1, no buffers are installed on port C Hi or Lo
There are three 16-bit down counters with each I/O pin brought to the connector can be field configured by on board jumpers in a variety of useful ways to measure frequency, count pulses, measure pulse width, generate frequencies, etc.
DLLís, Windows setup programs, and a suite of sample programs are provided on CD with the purchase of the card.
Available Reference Manuals
Available Software Downloads
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Digital Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC
- Logic Low: -0.5 to +0.8 VDC
- Input Load (Hi): 20 µa
- Input Load (Lo): -200 µa
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min., source 32 ma
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 64 ma
- Type: Three type 82C54-10 programmable interval counters
- Output Drive:
- 2.0 VDC min., source 32 mA
- 0.55 VDC max,. sink 64 mA
- Input Gate: TTL/CMOS compatible
- Clock: On-board, 1 MHz crystal-controlled clock
- Active Count Edge: Negative Edge
- Minimum Clock Pulse Width: 30 nS high, 40 nS low
- Timer Range: 16 bits
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 60°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -50° to +120°C
- Humidity: Maximum 90% RH, without condensation.
Auxiliary Power Output
- +5 VDC from the computer bus on pin 49 of each digital I/O header with an on-board 0.5A Resettable Fuse
- +5 VDC at 210 ma
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.
Model Price (USD) PCI-DIO-96C3 345.00