Single Port USB Isolator, Rugged, Industrial Grade, with Tru-Iso™ Signal Isolation Features 4kV Isolation and Industrial Temperature Operation
- Tru-Iso™ signal isolation up to 4kV meets EN60601 standards
- Upstream host port isolated from the downstream port
- Advanced EFT, Lightning, and ESD protection at ±20kV on all signal pins (air and contact)
- Full-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.1 and 1.1 compatible
- Rugged, industrial grade (-40°C to +85°C) operation
- Downstream port capable of low-speed (1.5 Mbps) and full-speed (12 Mbps) transfers aggregate
- LED status indicator for power from upstream port
- Compact, low profile enclosure, provision for DIN-rail mounting
- Industrial grade USB connectors feature high-retention design
- Max working isolation is 863 Volts peak (Viorm)
- Embedded miniature USB headers in parallel with type B and type A USB connectors (both upstream and downstream)
- RoHS standard
- OEM version (board only) for flexibility in embedded applications
- External power connection via screw terminals (high retention)
This product utilizes a high-performance, low-power USB 2.0 isolator with an operating temperature rated for industrial grade environments. Being able to operate at industrial grade temperatures, the USB-ISOLATOR offers its functionality to a wider range of user applications that many competitors' isolators can't provide.
Careful attention has been paid to isolation design, including extensive keep-out zones and hand-routed circuit paths, as well as component and material selection. Robust EFT, Lightning, and ESD protection at ±20kV on all signal pins (air and contact). See the Isolation specification in user manual for full details.
Our Tru-Iso™ products are designed under IPC-2221B, UL1577, and UL60950-1. The circuit is isolated with a ≥ 300mil gap between all signal and plane layers (upstream to downstream port). These gaps are rated under IPC-2221B at 1500V (upstream to downstream).
Our circuit uses a chip-level high-frequency DC-DC isolator which is rated at 5000Vrms for 1 minute under UL 1577. This isolation component has an over 50 year isolation lifespan even if the isolation voltage potential is in excess of 846 volts AC. Under UL60590-1 the card design meets or exceeds the DC-DC isolator specification.
The USB-ISOLATOR has an LED that indicates the presence of power from the upstream port. It can be powered from the USB upstream host port providing up to 380mA of isolated power to the downstream port. External power can be used if the downstream port needs more current with our optional medical grade external isolated supply. The USB-ISOLATOR uses a smart switch DC jack to automatically switch between upstream power or external power upon insertion of the power supply plug.
The USB-ISOLATOR is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. The module’s enclosure is 2.5" x 3.5" x 1".
OEM version (board only)
The OEM (board only) version is perfect for a variety of embedded applications. Installation using standard standoffs or a DIN-rail mounting provision allows the USB-ISOLATOR to be easily installed inside most enclosures or systems. Additionally, a micro-fit USB input header is provided in parallel with the standard type A and B USB connectors.
High Retention USB Connectors
The ever-growing presence of USB in the industrial/military marketplace has driven the need for USB connections to be reliable, dependable, and unfailing. Gone are the days of loose USB connections. All type A and type B USB connectors used on all ACCES USB/104 products feature a high retention design that complies with the class 1, Div II minimum withdrawal requirement of over 3 pounds of force (15 Newtons). These connectors have an orange color-coded insulator to quickly differentiate it from standard USB connectors. Using these USB connectors increases reliability in your system and ensures a tight connection. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional miniature USB input header is provided in parallel with the type A and B connectors. This method facilitates the smallest possible footprint to be occupied by the hub and associated cables.
- Industrial Automation
- Embedded OEM
- Health and Medical Systems
- Factory Automation
- Process Control
ACCES Tru-Iso™ products are designed under IPC-2221B Generic Standard on Printed Board Design. The circuit is isolated with a ≥ 300mil gap between all signal and plane layers between the upstream port and the downstream ports. This gap is rated under IPC-2221B at a peak working voltage of 1500V (Upstream to Downstream). Our circuit uses a chip-level high-frequency DC-DC isolator which is rated at 5000VRMS for 1 minute under UL 1577 optical isolators standard. This isolation component has an over 50-year isolation lifespan even if the isolation voltage potential is in excess of 846 volts AC. Tru-Iso™ products are also designed to meet the EN60601 medical electrical equipment standard. Tru-Iso™ by ACCES I/O Products, Inc., for true signal isolation.
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Available accessories include an isolated medical-grade power supply and a wide variety of standard USB cables for quick and easy-to-use, out of the box, connectivity. To make use of the miniature embedded USB header connectors, ACCES offers an assortment of embedded micro-fit USB header cables. Mounting provisions include DIN rail and various panel mounting plates.
No driver installation is required for the USB-ISOLATOR. Any USB compliant operating system will automatically install it. It will enumerate as a Generic Hub which uses the USB Hub Class Driver that is built into USB compliant operating systems such as Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- USB 2.0 Full/Low-speed
- USB 3.1 Compatible
- USB 1.1 Compatible
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 5% - 95%, non-condensing
- Board Dimension: 2.350 x 2.381 inches
- Enclosure Dimension:
- 2.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 2.5 x 3.5 x 1 inches with mounts
- 284.2 grams (in enclosure)
- 56.2 grams (-OEM version)
- External Power Supply: 0°C to 40°C (4kV isolation)
- Power Required: No external power required, 6mA min, up to 500mA from host when self-powered depending on downstream load
- Downstream: 380mA available when self-powered
- External Power: If external power supply is used, available downstream current is limited by external supply capacity
- ESD Protection: ±20kV on all signal pins (IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4)
- Tru-Iso™: IPC-2221B, UL60590-1, UL1577 (4000V isolation meets EN60601)
- Up- to Downstream: 1500V peak (AC or DC)
- Max Transient Isolation: 4000V rms
- Max Work Isolation: 863V peak
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|USB-ISOLATOR||Rugged, industrial-grade USB 2.0 isolator with 4kV isolation and industrial operating temperature|
|USB-ISOLATOR-OEM||As above, board only model, no enclosure|
|PWR-ISO-5V||Isolated medical grade external power adapter 5VDC @ 2.5A $45|
|MP104-DIN||DIN-rail mounting provision $19|
|CUSB-EMB-HDR||30″ USB 1x5 standard header to micro-fit OEM cable $19|
|CUSB-EMB-HDRM||30″ USB 1x5 metric header to micro-fit OEM cable $19|
|CUSB-EMB||6″ micro-fit to micro-fit embedded OEM cable $19|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-ST||External power connection via screw terminals (high retention)|
|-RoHS||RoHS compliant version|
If you don't see what you need, ask us and we will make it for you.