Rugged, Industrial Strength, Single Port USB to RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 Serial Converters with Extended Temperature Operation
- RoHS compliant, single-port serial communications adapter for USB 2.0 or 3.0
- Add a RS-232, RS-422 or RS485 serial port to any USB equipped computer
- Compact, industrial, military-grade metal backshell
- Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C) standard
- Includes type FT232R UART with 128-byte receive/256-byte transmit FIFO buffers
- Supports 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits, and odd /even / mark / space / no parity
- ±15kV ESD Protection (IEC 6100) on all RS-232/422/485 signals protects against spikes and ground loops
- Fully shielded cable protects data from EMI and RF interference
- Software programmable baud-rates
- All required power drawn from host USB port, no external power adapter required
- Supported for use in Windows (including Windows CE) and Linux operating systems
- Supports all RS-232 signals, including handshaking
- Data transfer speeds up to 1Mbps asynchronous
- Supports full-duplex (4-wire) RS-422 protocol
- Data transfer speeds up to 3Mbps asynchronous
- Supports multi-drop (2-wire, half-duplex) RS-485 protocol
- Data transfer speeds up to 3Mbps asynchronous
- RC Termination to prevent ringing and reflections (RS-422 and RS-485 models)
The USB to serial IND series are rugged, industrial, serial communications adapters designed for use in demanding real-world applications such as transportation, military, embedded control systems, remote data acquisition, mobile, and more. These intelligent modules provides a cost-effective solution for transferring high-speed asynchronous serial data over USB. Use legacy serial devices with any PC or embedded system with a USB port. The adapters provide easy connectivity between the computer and standard communication ports or remote serial devices. No PC reconfiguration, assignment of IRQs, or jumper settings required. The adapter will be recognized as a USB to Serial Adapter and install in the system as a standard COM port.
- Barcode Readers
- GPS Devices
- Point of Sale
The ADAP9 accessory provides a screw terminal connection to break out the RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 signals on the DB9M connector.
Connections to System
The USB serial converter is equipped with a 6 foot, fully shielded USB cable, a USB type A connector for connection to a computer USB port, and a male DB-9 for connection to a RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 equipped data or communication terminal.
The USB serial converter installs into any operating system as a standard serial COM device, allowing all 3rd party software to operate the serial port as usual. Samples in a variety of languages and environments are provided, including a Windows utility "WinRISC", a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program. Drivers are provided for Windows (including Windows CE) and Linux, and are available at no cost for most other operating systems.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
|DB-9 Male Pinout|
- Serial Standard: RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- Connector: DB-9, Male
- Communications Chip: Type FT232R UART with 128-byte receive/256-byte transmit FIFO buffers
- Character Length: 7 or 8 bits
- Parity: Even, odd, mark, space or none
- Stop Interval: 1 or 2 bits
- RS-232 Serial Data Rates: 300bps up to 1Mbps asynchronous
- RS-422 Serial Data Rates: 300bps up to 3Mbps asynchronous
- RS-485 Serial Data Rates: 300bps up to 3Mbps asynchronous
- Input/Output Voltage: ±25V (RS-232), ±14V (RS-422/485)
- Transmitter Output Drive: Up to 60mA, with thermal shutdown (RS-232)
- Receiver Input Sensitivity: ±200mV
- ESD Protection: ±15kV on all signal pins
- Termination: 120Ω w/0.01µF capacitor (RS-422/485 Factory Option)
- RTS Control: Automatic in RS-485 mode
- Bias: Transceiver and Receiver via 10KΩ (RS-422/485 models)
- USB Specification: Full-Speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 and 1.1 compatible
- Operating Temp: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage Temp: -65°C to +150°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Power Required: 5VDC at ~12mA with no load (~22mA loaded) USB Bus Powered (No external power supply required)
- Cable Length: 6 feet
- Backshell Dimensions: 1.236? x 0.657? x 2.094? (31.4mm x 16.7mm x 53.2mm)
- Approvals: RoHS
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|USB-232-IND||Industrial strength single port USB to RS-232 serial interface adapter|
|USB-422-IND||Industrial strength single port USB to RS-422 serial interface adapter|
|USB-485-IND||Industrial strength single port USB to RS-485 serial interface adapter|
|ADAP9||Screw terminal breakout board with DB9F connector $19|
|-Term||RC Termination to prevent ringing and reflections (RS-422 and RS-485 models)|