Isolated Input Relay Card with COS
- 16 optically isolated, non-polarized digital inputs
- Switchable filters on inputs for electrically noisy environments
- Optically isolated channel to channel and channel to ground
- Can detect input state change and assert interrupt
- 16 electro-mechanical relay outputs
- Automatically detected under Windows
- Extended temperature operation (-40° to +85°C)
- RoHS compliant version
This product is a x1 lane PCIe isolated digital input and relay output board with Change of State (COS) detection capabilities.
The isolated inputs can be driven by either AC or DC and are not polarity sensitive. Input signals are rectified by a diode bridge and applied to the inputs of opto-isolators. A 1.8k ohm resistor in series provides current limiting. Standard 12/24 AC control transmitter outputs can be accepted as well as DC voltages. The input voltage range is 3V to 31VDC (or 40-10kHz RMS). To extend the input voltage range, you may connect external resistors in series.
The electro-mechanical relay outputs of the PCIe-IIRO-16 are comprised of ten form C SPDT outputs and six form A SPST (normally-open) type. The relays are all de-energized at power-on. Data to the relays is latched.
The card is 6.6 inches in length and 4.2 inches seated height. I/O wiring connections for this board are via a 78-pin D-sub connector. A molded round-wire “Y” cable is typically used to connect this card to termination panels with two 37-pin D-sub connectors.
The card is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux, and Windows XP -> 10, both 32 & 64 bit compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs. Embedded OS support includes Windows Xpe, WES7, etc.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Number of inputs: 16
- Type:Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer. (not TTL/CMOS compatible)
- Voltage Range: 3 to 31V DC or AC (40 to 10 kHz)
- Isolation: 500V*(see manual) channel to channel and channel to ground
- Input Resistance: 1.8k ohms in series with two diodes and a photo-coupler LED
- Response Time: 10 mSec w/filter, 20 uSec w/o filter
- Number of outputs: 16
- Contact Rating: 2A carry current, bifurcated, gold clad, silver palladium
- Contact Arrangement: Channels 0-4 and 8-12 are SPDT Form C; channels 5-7 and 13-15 are SPST Form A.
- Contact Rating: Initial 100 milliohms maximum
- Contact Life: mech'l: 5 million operations minimum; elect'l: 5 million operations minimum at full load
- Operating Time: 2 milliseconds maximum
- Release Time: 1 milliseconds maximum
- Regulatory Approvals: UL and CSA
- Interrupts enabled by software, generated when digital inputs change state
- +5VDC @ 0.750 A (all relays ON)
- Temperature: Operating 0 to +55°C
- Storage: -40 to +85°C
- Humidity: 0 to 90 percent (non-condensing)
- Weight: Approx. 8 oz. (227 grams)
- Size: PCI-IIRO-16 is 6.15" (156 mm) long
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.