PCI-IIRO-8 and PCI-IIRO-16
Isolated Digital Input/Output Cards
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- Eight or sixteen optically isolated, non-polarized digital inputs
- Eight or sixteen electro-mechanical relay outputs
- Opto-isolated channel to channel and channel to ground
- Can detect input state change and assert interrupt
- Automatically detected under Windows
InputsThe isolated inputs can be driven by either AC or DC and are not polarity sensitive. Input signals are rectified by a diode bridge and applied to the inputs of opto-isolators. A 470 ohm resistor in series provides current limiting. Standard 12/24 AC control transmitter outputs can be accepted as well as DC voltages. The input voltage range is 5V to 24V (rms). To extend the input voltage range, you may connect external resistors in series.
Each input circuit contains a switchable slow/fast filter that has a 10 millisecond (PCI-IIRO-8) or 5 millisecond (PCI-IIRO-16) time constant. (Without filtering, the response is 20 microseconds.) The filter must be selected for AC inputs in order to eliminate response to zero crossings. The filter is also valuable for use with slow DC input signals in a noisy environment. The filter may be switched out for DC inputs in order to obtain faster response. For the PCI-IIRO-16 the filters are globally controlled by software. For the PCI-IIRO-8 the filters can also be individually selected by switches on the card.
InterruptsInterrupts are enabled/disabled by software. When the change-of-state detection circuit is enabled, the card asserts an interrupt whenever one or more of the interrupts changes state. Once an interrupt has been generated and serviced, it must be cleared by system software. This feature greatly frees up system resources by eliminating the need for constant polling to see when an input has changed state.
OutputsThe electro-mechanical relay outputs of the PCI-IIRO-8 are comprised of five form C SPDT outputs and three Form A SPST (normally-open) type. The outputs of the PCI-IIRO-16 are divided into two groups of eight, each group being similar to the PCI-IIRO-8. The relays are all de-energized at power-on. Data to the relays is latched.
ConnectionsFor the PCI-IIRO-8, I/O is accessed via a 37 pin DBF connector on the mounting bracket of the card.
For the PCI-IIRO-16, I/O is accessed via a 78 pin DBF connector on the mounting bracket of the card. A molded breakout cable (model CAB78-37/2) is optionally available that divides the 78 pins into two DB37F connectors. Also available is a kit (model STB-37/2 Kit) which includes the cable and two STB-37 Screw Terminal Cards that mount into an included one-foot length of Snap-Trak.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Microsoft Visual C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C/C++, with many devices including samples in Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and many demonstration VIs for our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the 3.x and 2.6 Linux kernels and recent OSX versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information..
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Number of inputs: 8 (PCI-IIRO-8) or 16 (PCI-IIRO-16)
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer. (not TTL/CMOS compatible)
- Voltage Range: 5 to 24V DC or AC (50 to 1000 Hz)
- Isolation: 500V*(see manual) channel to channel and channel to ground
- Input Resistance: 470 ohms in series with two diodes and an LED
- Response Time: 10 mSec w/filter, 20 uSec w/o filter
- Number of outputs: 8 (PCI-IIRO-8) or 16 (PCI-IIRO-16)
- Contact Rating: 2A carry current, bifurcated, gold clad, silver palladium
- Contact Arrangement: Channels 0-4 are SPDT Form C and channels 5-7 are SPST Form A. For PCI-IIRO-16, channels 8-12 are SPDT Form C and channels 13-15 are SPST Form A
- Contact Rating: Initial 100 milliohms maximum
- Contact Life: mech'l: 5 million operations minimum; elect'l: 5 million operations minimum at full load
- Operating Time: 2 milliseconds maximum
- Release Time: 1 milliseconds maximum
- Regulatory Approvals: UL and CSA
When enabled by software, interrupts are generated when digital inputs change state.
+5VDC @ 0.675 A (all relays ON) for PCI-IIRO-8, or @ 0.750 A (all relays ON) for PCI-IIRO-16
- Ambient PCI-IIRO-16 Temperature: Operating: 0 to +70°C Optional Industrial Version Operating: -30 to +70°C
- Ambient PCI-IIRO-8 Temperature: Operating 0 to +55°C Optional Industrial Version Operating: -25 to +55°C
- Storage: -40 to +85°C
- Humidity: 0 to 90 percent (non-condensing)
- Weight: Approx. 8 oz. (227 grams) for PCI-IIRO-8, approx. 12 oz. (340 grams) for PCI-IIRO-16
- Size: PCI-IIRO-8 is 6.15" (156 mm) long, PCI-IIRO-16 is 6.8" (173mm) long
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.