Digital Input/Output and Counter/Timer Card
- Universal PCI, PCI-X, 3.3V and 5V compatible (Call for PCI-Express availability)
- 96 Lines of Digital Input/Output
- Four and Eight Bit Ports Independently Selectable for Inputs or Outputs
- All 96 I/O Lines Buffered by Transceivers on the Card*
- I/O Buffers can be Enabled/Disabled under Program Control
- Pull-Ups resistors on I/O Lines for Contact Monitoring etc.
- +5 VDC Output with Resettable Fuse Available on each I/O Header
- Four 50 Pin DIO Header Connectors on Board are Compatible with Industry-Standard I/O Racks
- Three Field Configurable 82C54 Counter/Timers on First 50 Pin Header
- Strain Relief for Ribbon Cables Routed through Cutout on Mounting Bracket
- Low cost software add-on provides vxWorks 7 support (call for other versions)
This is a 96 line digital input/output card with counter/timer capabilities designed for use in high I/O density application requirements. I/O connections are made via four 50-pin header connectors. The card is 12.25 inches long (312 mm) and may be installed in any full-length 5V PCI-bus (or PCI-X bus) slot in X86 type PCís.
The card contains four type 8255-5 Programmable Peripheral Interface (PPI) chips. They can be programmed to accept inputs or to provide outputs on three 8-bit ports: designated Ports A, B, and C. Port C can be further divided into two 4-bit ports.
Each* I/O line is buffered by a type ABT245 tristate buffer transceiver capable of sourcing 32 mA or sinking 64 mA. The buffers are configured under program control for input or output use according to direction control signals from the control register inside the PPI. 10K Pull-ups (to +5 VDC) on the card assure that there are no erroneous outputs at power-up until the card is initialized by system software.
*For operation in 8255 Mode 1, no buffers are installed on port C Hi or Lo
There are three 16-bit down counters with each I/O pin brought to the connector can be field configured by on board jumpers in a variety of useful ways to measure frequency, count pulses, measure pulse width, generate frequencies, etc.
DLLís, Windows setup programs, and a suite of sample programs are provided on CD with the purchase of the card.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Microsoft Visual C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C/C++, with many devices including samples in Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and many demonstration VIs for our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the 3.x and 2.6 Linux kernels and recent OSX versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information..
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Digital Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC
- Logic Low: -0.5 to +0.8 VDC
- Input Load (Hi): 20 µa
- Input Load (Lo): -200 µa
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min., source 32 ma
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 64 ma
- Type: Three type 82C54-10 programmable interval counters
- Output Drive:
- 2.0 VDC min., source 32 mA
- 0.55 VDC max,. sink 64 mA
- Input Gate: TTL/CMOS compatible
- Clock: On-board, 1 MHz crystal-controlled clock
- Active Count Edge: Negative Edge
- Minimum Clock Pulse Width: 30 nS high, 40 nS low
- Timer Range: 16 bits
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 60°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -50° to +120°C
- Humidity: Maximum 90% RH, without condensation.
Auxiliary Power Output
- +5 VDC from the computer bus on pin 49 of each digital I/O header with an on-board 0.5A Resettable Fuse
- +5 VDC at 210 ma
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.
Model Price (USD) PCI-DIO-96C3 379.00