PCI-QUAD-8 and PCI-QUAD-4
Eight and Four Up/Down Counter Quadrature Input PCI Cards
- Eight or Four-counter quadrature decoder
- Single-ended or differential inputs for up to eight encoders (A, B & Index)
- Programmable clock source (high/low) for digital filtering on inputs
- Programmable active index polarity
- Per counter software control corrects reversed A / B wiring and selects flag for interrupt source
- Resettable fused 5V output available to power encoders or general purpose
- High-density DB78 male I/O connector with screw locks
- Extended temperature operation (-40° to +85°C)
- RoHS compliant version
The PCI-QUAD-8 provides quadrature counting on a convenient half-length PCI card. Up to eight differential encoders (each with A, B, and Index) can be monitored simultaneously.
Type AM26LS232 differential input circuits provide compatibility with a wide variety of quadrature encoder outputs.
The LSI/CSI LS7766 features:
- 32-bit quadrature counters support x1, x2, and x4 counting modes, or can be used as non-quadrature up/down counters
- Quadrature frequencies up to 9.6MHz
- Non-quadrature frequencies up to 40MHz
- Programmable index and marker flags (carry, borrow, sign & compare)
- Enable/disable sources generating IRQs
- Programmable count modes:
- Normal (free-run) / Modulo-N / Range Limit / Non-Recycle, Binary / BCD
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, two- or six-counter inputs, custom software, product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
- Industrial Automation
- Automatic Test Systems
- Laboratory Automation
- Machine Control
- Security Systems
- Energy Management
- Oil and Gas Processing
- Steel Processing
- Metal Stamping
- Motor and Drive Control
- Embedded OEM
The card is 6.6 inches in length and 4.2 inches seated height. I/O wiring connections for this board are via a male 37-pin D-sub connector. A ribbon cable can be used to connect this card to termination panels.
A molded 6 ft DB78F to DB37F x 2 shielded Y cable, and a DIN-Rail mountable screw terminal kit that includes the Y cable is available.
Drivers and Downloads
Information about our Free Software packages:
ACCES is proud to provide a full suite of software support with every Data Acquisition product. We are committed to supporting the most popular operating systems and platforms for our customers. Currently we are actively supporting Windows XP through Windows 10, including "Server 2008," "Embedded," and "Compact" flavors in both 32-bit and 64-bit for all plug-and-play products including PCI, PCI Express, USB, and more. Many products continue to ship with support for additional operating systems such as DOS, Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and 2000.
Among the software we deliver with our products are sample programs in a wide variety of programming languages. These samples are used to demonstrate the software interfaces to our products — and many can be used as-is in your production environments, or to test functionality of the devices out-of-the-box. We're currently actively supporting sample programs in Microsoft Visual C#, Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C/C++, with many devices including samples in Borland C/C++ 3.1 for DOS. Additionally we provide National Instruments LabVIEW compatible DLLs and many demonstration VIs for our devices.
Drivers for various operating systems are also provided, including active support for Windows XP -> 10 — all in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, and including consumer, server, and embedded varieties — as well as the 3.x and 2.6 Linux kernels and recent OSX versions. Many products continue to ship with driver support for Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, and Windows 2000, but support for these operating systems is considered deprecated.
Setup Programs and Utilites
Our Data Acquisition devices also include a graphical setup utility that walks you through the process of configuring any option jumpers or switches on the device, as well as explaining a little about the various connectors present.
Many devices also include utility programs - little tools to make your use of the device easier, such as WinRISC, a "Really Incredibly Simple Communications" terminal program that lets you get started instantly with serial devices.
"Register Level" Documentation
Besides all this software in all these languages and operating systems ACCES has a policy of open and transparent development: none of our lowest-level "register" interfaces are hidden from you — we document every register in every bus card, every command in every serial board, and every usb control transfer in every USB Data Acquisition board. These lowest-level interfaces allow you to develop for our products in ANY operating system or language, regardless of our actively supporting it or having a driver for it. We have customers actively developing in ADA, Android, Python, Java, MATLAB, Solaris, and more, just by referring to our complete low-level interface documentation! And we provide the full source code to all of our drivers, regardless of operating system, to give you an even bigger head start in your own development tasks.
No Fees or Royalties
All of this software is provided at no additional charge, and is licensed under any of a variety of flexible — and royalty free — options. Check out our software license explanation if you'd like more information..
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Receiver Type: AM26LS32
- Configuration: Phase A, B and Index; differential or single-ended inputs
- Channels: 8 or 4
- Common mode: ±7 V maximum
- Differential Inputs: ±25 V maximum
- Input Sensitivity: ± 200 mV
- Input Hysteresis: 50 mV typical
- Input Impedance: Internal 12kΩ minimum
- Input Bias: Non-inverting 4.7kΩ to Vcc
- Inverting 4.7kΩ to Vcc / 2.35kΩ to Gnd (1.67V)
- Absolute max input: ± 25 V differential
- Counter type: LS7766 32-bit Dual Axis Quadrature Counter
- Quad (A&B) inputs: 9.6MHz maximum
- Separation: 26ns minimum
- A&B pulse width: 52ns minimum
- Index pulse width: 32ns minimum
- Non-Quad (A) input: 40MHz maximum
- Low/Hi pulse width: 12ns minimum
- B input (direction) : 12ns minimum setup time; 10ns minimum hold time
- Index pulse width: 32ns minimum
- High Filter Clock: MCR0 bit 7 low = 33MHz; MCR0 bit 7 high = 16.5MHz
- Low Filter Clock: MCR0 bit 7 low = 8.25MHz; MCR0 bit 7 high = 4.125MHz
CPLD Controller Section
- Interrupt sources: LS7766 FLGa / FLGb outputs
- FLGa sources: Index, Carry, Borrow, Compare
- FLGb sources: Sign, Up/Down
- I/O Address Space: 8-bytes per channel (64-bytes for 8-channel board)
- Operating temp.: 0°C to 70°C standard;
- -40°C to +85°C (-T option)
- Storage temp.: -50°C to +120°C
- Humidity: Up to 95 % non-condensing
- Size: 4.825 length by 3.875 tall
- Power Required: +5V @ 400mA typical (no sensors connected)
- Connections: DB78 connector
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
|PCI-QUAD-8||8-channel PCI quadrature encoder input card|
|PCI-QUAD-4||4-channel PCI quadrature encoder input card|
|CAB78F-37/2||6' round-wire "Y" cable, DB78 female connector terminates in two DB37 female connectors $70|
|CAB78F-37/1||As above, for use with PCI-QUAD-4 $50|
|STB-37/2F Kit||Screw terminal kit includes two STB-37s, round-wire "Y" cable, and one foot SNAP-TRACK $159|
|STB-37/1F Kit||As above, for use with PCI-QUAD-4 $95|
|STB-37/2F Kit-CL||Includes four DIN clips to allow mounting STB-37s and SNAP-TRACK onto a DIN-RAIL $178|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-T||Industrial operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C)|
|-RoHS||RoHS compliant version|
|-S0x||Special designator for custom filter clock rate, etc.|