mPCIe-IDIO-8, mPCIe-IDO-8, and mPCIe-IDIO-4
PCI Express Mini Card with 8 OR 4 Isolated Digital Inputs with Change-of-State (COS) Detection and Solid State FET Relay Outputs
- PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) Type F1, with latching I/O connectors
- 8 OR 4 optically-isolated non-polarized inputs up to 31VDC/AC
- 8 or 4 fully protected high-side FET outputs switch from 5 to 34VDC at up to 2A
- Change-of-State (COS) detection IRQ generation
- 9” cable (228MM), standard
- Panel-mountable isolation module with 37-pin female D-Sub connector
- 8 LVTTL I/O lines programmable as inputs or outputs in groups of 4
- RoHS standard
- Now with Digital Integration Features!
- Outputs with pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and Quadrature generation, Inputs with digital filtering and flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, IRQ generation and more.
- Extended temperature operation (-40°C to +85°C)
The mPCIe-IDIO-8 consists of a type F1 PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) interface board that connects to a Mobile-ITX-sized, DB-37M Isolation Module via an included 9” cable. That module is designed to be easily panel-mounted in any application environment. It uses the high speed PCI Express bus to transfer digital data to and from the card. The digital I/O is compatible with 8255 PPI chips making it easy to program. This allows for simple and trouble-free migration from other ACCES PCI and PCI Express digital I/O cards, but also provides for advanced features enabled by the onboard FPGA logic.
The mPCIe-IDIO cards are well suited to complex environments, mitigating otherwise challenging ground-loops, high-common-mode, and transient voltage spikes common in electrically-noisy industrial or factory locations. The broad voltage compatibility and high current outputs allows use in a wide range of applications.
The non-polarized inputs support both AC and DC, and configuration jumpers allow 4.7ms input filters to be enabled per-channel, as desired – required for AC use. The isolated inputs support voltages from 3 to 31 VDC/VAC RMS [40Hz to 10000Hz], as well as standard 12/24 AC control transformer signals.
The outputs are fully protected High-Side Power MOSFETs capable of switching from 5 to 34VDC at up to 2A continuous-current load with 10A max current allowed (VBB0 = 5A, VBB1 = 5A).
Change of State (COS) detection and interrupt capabilities are designed to relieve software from polling routines that can consume valuable processing time. Each port can be programmed for detecting state changes on their lines, in which any changes of the enabled port's bits (low-to-high or high-to-low) will generate an IRQ. An ISR (interrupt service routine) then determines which bit changed state and clears the interrupt.
Digital∫Features (read as "Digital Integration Features") are a new family of features available for applicable models of ACCES' PCI Express (PCIe) and PCI Express Mini Card (mPCIe) Digital I/O product lines.
All the cards share features such as memory mapped registers for low-latency operation. Output channels support pulse/train / PWM / frequency / and quadrature generation. Inputs channels support flexible measurement of pulse duration, frequency, and event counting, with optional debouncing, IRQ generation, and more.
- Process Monitoring
- Manufacturing/Production Test
- Machine Control
- Monitoring and Control
- Security Systems, Energy Management
- Industrial Automation
- Factory Automation
- Laboratory Automation
- Embedded OEM
Please contact ACCES with your precise requirement. Examples of special orders would be conformal coating, custom software or product labeling, and more. We will work with you to provide exactly what is required.
Accessories and Connections
Available accessories include a variety of screw terminal boards for quick and easy connectivity as well as 2mm and 2.5mm mounting hardware. Alternately, custom hardware cables and/or interfaces can be produced to fit your specific application requirement.
The card is supported for use in most operating systems and includes a free DOS, Linux , and Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/8/10 compatible software package. This package contains sample programs and source code in Visual Basic, Delphi, and Visual C++ for Windows. Also provided is a graphical setup program in Windows. Linux support includes installation files and basic samples for programming from user level via an open source kernel driver. Third party support includes a Windows standard DLL interface usable from the most popular application programs, and includes LabVIEW 8.5+ VIs. Embedded OS support includes Windows XPe, WES7, WES8, etc. Full register-level documentation of all features ensures easy compatibility in any application environment.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- PCI Express Mini Card: Type F1 "Full Length" V1.2
- Number: 8 (or 4)
- Type: Non-polarized, optically isolated from each other and from the computer (CMOS compatible)
- Voltage: 3 to 31 DC or AC RMS (40 to 10000Hz)
- Isolation: 500V channel-to-ground and channel-to-channel
- Resistance: 1.8KΩ in series with opto-coupler
- Filter Response
- Rise-time: 4.7 ms
- Fall-time: 4.7 ms
- Non-Filter Response
- Rise-time: 10 μs
- Fall-time: 30 μs
FET Outputs and Digital I/O Lines
- Number: 8 (or 4)
- Type: High Side Power MOSFET Switch. Protected against short-circuit, over-temp, ESD; drives inductive loads.
- Current Rating: 2A maximum
- Turn On time: 90μsec (typical)
- Turn Off time: 110μsec (typical)
- Digital Inputs
- 8 or 4 LVTTL
- Logic High: 2.0V to VCCIO (3.3VDC, 5VDC tolerant)
- Logic Low: 0V to 0.8V
- Digital Outputs
- 8 or 4 LVTTL
- Logic High: 2.0V (min) 24mA source
- Logic Low: 0.55V (max) 24mA sink
- Operating: 0°C to 70°C (order -T option for industrial temperature -40°C to 85°C)
- Storage: -65°C to 150°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- Power required: +3.3VDC @ 360ma (typical)
- mPCIe card characteristics
- Weight: 6.2 grams
- Length: 50.95mm (2.006″)
- Width: 30.00mm (1.181″)
- I/O connector
- On-card: Molex 501190-4017 40-pin latching
- Mating: Molex 501189-4010
- Isolation board characteristics
- Weight: 38.2 grams, (+11.2 grams for the 9" cable)
- Size (Mobile-ITX sized)
- Length: (2.952″)
- Width: (1.1.772″)
- I/O connector
- On board: Female, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
- Mating: Male, D-Sub Miniature, 37-pin
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
OEM and volume pricing available, please call us.
|mPCIe-IDIO-8||8-Channel Isolated Digital Input & FET Relay Output with Change-of-State (COS) PCI Express Mini Card|
|mPCIe-IDO-8||8 FET Relay Outputs only PCI Express Mini Card|
|mPCIe-IDIO-4||4-Channel Isolated Digital Input & FET Relay Output with Change-of-State (COS) PCI Express Mini Card|
|mPCIe-HDW-KIT2||2mm mounting hardware $1|
|mPCIe-HDW-KIT2.5||2.5mm mounting hardware $1|
|ADAP37M||Direct connect screw terminal adaptor for use with 37-pin female connector $60|
|STB-37||DIN-rail mountable screw terminal board for 37-pin connector $39|
|STA-37||37-pin screw terminal board $29|
|CAB37-18||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 18" $25|
|CAB37-36||Ribbon cable, female 37-pin connectors on each end, 36" $29|
|CAB37MF-36||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 36" $29|
|CAB37FM-18||Ribbon cable, male to female 37-pin connectors, 18" $29|
|Model Options (call for pricing)|
|-T||Extended temperature operation (-40° to +85°C)|