ISA Bus Eight and Sixteen Channel 16-Bit Analog Output Cards
- Eight or Sixteen independent double-buffered analog outputs
- 16-Bit resolution
- Four Voltage Output Ranges: 0-5V, 0-10V, +5V, +10V
- Individual range selection per channel
- Channel-by-channel or simultaneous update modes
- Outputs held at zero volts at power-up
- Unique "Software Clear" function permits DAC reset without resetting counters
- Optional DC-DC Converter for 10 V output ranges
- Setup and calibration software included
The D/A16-08 and D/A16-16 are full-size cards that can be installed in any long I/O slot of PC-AT class computers. They contain either 8 or 16 double-buffered digital-to-analog converters (DAC) and provide 8 or 16 independent analog output channels of 16-bit resolution.
The analog output channels have a double-buffered input for single-step update and each is addressed at its own I/O location. The DACs have a two-byte (8LSB's+8MSB's) loading structure. The analog outputs can be updated either independently or simultaneously.
In order to prevent excessive outputs at power-up, D/A16-08 and D/A16-16 contain automatic circuits that set D/A outputs to less than 15% of span at system power-on. Upon power-up, the DAC reference voltage is set to a low voltage and the card is set in the Simultaneous Update mode. After all DAC's have been loaded with the desired values, a software command can be used to switch the reference voltage ON at its nominal value. Similarly, a software command can be used at any time to set the reference voltage to zero causing all DAC outputs to be zero volts.
The cards also support a unique "Software Clear" capability. This feature permits resetting the DAC output to zero volts without changing the output mode.
Operation on 10 V ranges requires optional DC-DC converter as PC computer supply is marginal.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- Resolution: 16 bits
- Channels: Eight or Sixteen, Independent
- Voltage Output Ranges at 5mA max.:
0-5 VDC, 0-10 VDC, + 5.0 VDC, + 10.0 VDC
- Short-circuit current: 25 mA maximum
- Output resistance: Less than 0.1 ohm
Digital to Analog Converter
- AD660 double-buffered monolithic chip
- Relative Accuracy: + 0.003% of Full Scale
- Linearity: + 1 LSB integral non-linearity over rated temperature range
- Monotonicity: 15 bits over entire operating temperature range
- Settling time: 8 uSec to 0.0008% for full scale step input
- Gain Temperature Drift: + 20 ppm/°C typ.
- Operating Temperature: 0 to +60 degree C.
- Storage Temperature: -20 to +85 degree C.
- Humidity: 5% to 95% non condensing.
- Size: 13.130 inches. Install in a full-size slot.
- +5 VDC at 2.5 max. for fully populated 16 channel card
- +15 VDC provided by DC-DC converter from +5 supply
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.