COM422/4 and COM485/4
ISA Bus RS-422/485 Communications Cards
- Four independent, completely configurable, serial ports
- Supports High-speed RS-422 (COM422/4) or Multi-drop RS-485 (COM485/4)
- Supports RS-485 handshaking on-board without special drivers to support Windows and non-DOS programs (COM485/4 only)
- Built-in support for local echo, line termination, and line bias supplies
- Supports extended AT interrupts
These cards can receive inputs as low as 200 mV differential superimposed on common mode noise of maximum -7V to +12V. The transmitters feature thermal shutdown.
Continuous address selection is available individually for each port anywhere in the I/O bus address range of 100 to 3F8 (hex) by means of four sets of DIP switches on the cards. Interrupt levels from IRQ2 through IRQ15 (except IRQ 8, 9, and 13) are selectable by means of jumpers on the cards and interrupts are shared. An on-board Interrupt Status Register is included for use when interrupts are shared.
The cards contain a crystal-controlled oscillator and provide precise selection of baud rate from 300 to 115.2k baud. Higher baud rates are optionally possible. If you require baud rates higher than 115.2k baud, give us a call. We may be able to offer what you need at little or no extra cost.
Automatic and Request-to-Send Transceiver Control
Half- and full-duplex communications requires that the transmitter driver be enabled and disabled as needed, particularly in the RS-485 mode where communications lines are shared. These cards have two methods of controlling the driver: automatic (AUTO) for Windows applications and request-to-send (RTS) control. Under AUTO control, the UART is normally in the receive mode. When data is ready to be transmitted, the driver is enabled. The driver remains enabled for the transmission time of one character after data transfer is complete and then the card reverts to receive mode. This AUTO mode allows use of standard Windows RS-232 serial communication drivers in your application.
- High-speed crystal oscillators to achieve higher baud rates.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
|Note: only one serial port shown|
- RS-485 Drive: A total of 32 transmitters and receivers allowed on one line.
- Receiver Input Sensitivity: ±200 mV, differential input.
- Input Common Mode Voltage: -7V to +12V.
- Transmitter Output Drive Capability: 60 mA (100 mA short-circuit current capability). RS-485 model can drive 32-node, multidrop, two-wire twisted pair cable up to 4000 feet long.
- Serial Data Rates: 300 to 115,200 baud, asynchronous.
- I/O Bus Address (each port): DIP switch selectable within 100 to 3F8 (hex) range of AT bus addresses.
- Interrupts (each port): Jumper selectable, IRQ2-7, 10-12, 14, 15.
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to +60°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -50°C to +120°C.
- Humidity: 5% to 95%, non-condensing
- +5 VDC at 250 mA typical, 500 mA maximum.
- Although designed for any AT slot, if installed in an XT-style slot then IRQ10-15 will be unavailable to the card.
- This product is in full compliance with CE requirements.