Eight, Four, and Two-Port RS-232 Serial Communication
- 8, 4 or 2 RS-232 asynchronous serial COM ports
- Speeds up to 230.4K with 64-byte FIFO
- Programmable IRQ sharing simplifies system design and installation
- Low power required: +5VDC at 80mA typical
- Operates as a standard COM port in all operating systems
Factory Options: (call for pricing and availability)
- 128-byte FIFO
- 0 to 70°C and -40 to +85°C versions available
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
Type 16780 UARTS are used as the asynchronous communication elements. These include 64-byte transmit/receive FIFO buffers to protect against lost data in multitasking systems while maintaining 100% compatibility with all operating system COM port drivers. ACCES offers the 104-COM232-8 series in both standard and extended temperature versions ideal for outdoor applications or harsh industrial surroundings. Ordering options include UARTs with larger FIFOs, support for custom baud rates, vertical I/O pins, and custom cabling.
A crystal oscillator located on the board permits precise baud rate capability up to 230.4K. The addresses of the individual channels and IRQ are stored in non volatile memory on the board and loaded into programmed logic when the board is initially powered.
Drivers and Downloads
ACCES also offers Custom Software Services for our products. Our prices are unbelievably low, often as inexpensive as free! If you need something tweaked to support your needs, or an entire enterprise application developed from scratch, it is definitely worth your time to inquire with us, first.
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
- I/O Connections: Via two 40 pin IDC type right angle connectors. There are eight pins per port plus common grounds.
- Character Length: 5,6,7, or 8 bits
- Parity: Even, odd, or none
- Stop Interval: 1, 1.5, or 2 bits
- Serial Data Rates: Up to 230.4K baud, asynchronous.
- Common Mode Voltage Range: +12V to -7V
- Base Address Options: Programmable
- Interrupts: Shared IRQ is programmed and stored onboard in non-volatile memory
- Short Circuit Protection: All outputs are protected against continuous short circuit
- Power Required: +5 VDC at 80 mA typical, all outputs open
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70°C, (-40 to +85°C Optional)
- Storage Temperature Range: -50 to +120°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% RH, non-condensing
- PC/104 bus 8-bit and 16-bit bus headers are used
CE testing & approval must be done at the system level, in the designed enclosure, and is not done on individual boards.